1. Terms and Conditions Agreement
1.2. DeathObits.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Agreement without prior notice.
1.3. DeathObits.com may deny, restrict, suspend or terminate, at any time, the membership of any user whose actions are contrary to the present Terms and Conditions Agreement, without prior notice.
1.4. DeathObits.com does not offer any guarantee and is not responsible for any of the other websites to which a user might be granted access through the DeathObits.com website.
2. Registration and Eligibility
2.1. A valid email address must be provided to access the different services offered on DeathObits.com.
2.2. By becoming a member or by using DeathObits.com, you represent and warrant that:
- You are 13 years old or older and that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by this Agreement;
- All registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- The information on your profile is up-to-date;
- Your use of DeathObits.com does not violate applicable laws and regulations of Canada and the Province of Quebec.
2.3. DeathObits.com allows only one membership per user. However, DeathObits.com may provide a written authorization to a user that justifies the need for multiple listings.
DeathObits.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any membership that contravenes to this paragraph.
2.4. Users may not authorize others to use their membership and may not assign or otherwise transfer their account to any other person or entity. Users are responsible for the confidentiality of their password. Users have sole ownership of their profile and are solely responsible for the content they post on DeathObits.com and for messages they send to other members on DeathObits.com.
2.5. Users are prohibited to use one or multiple other members.
2.6. If a member has a reason to believe that an account is used by a member other than that account’s owner, he or she must promptly advise DeathObits.com.
3. Behaviour on DeathObits.com
3.1. All DeathObits.com users agree:
- To use DeathObits.com in a courteous and respectful way with respect to other members’ rights;
- Not to harass any member;
- Do not use or disseminate false or misleading information;
- Do not broadcast racist, aggressive, hateful or defamatory comments;
- Do not present explicit images, information, or pornographic content;
- Do not post content on DeathObits.com that may harm others;
- Do not encourage illegal activities or transmit e-mails or documents containing viruses or any other program or file intended to corrupt DeathObits.com or any other user’s computer;
- Do not incite hatred or physical or verbal aggression of any individual on DeathObits.com;
- Do not use DeathObits.com to sell, advertise or solicit from other members;
- Do not harm DeathObits.com in any way.
3.2. DeathObits.com has the right to remove, without notice, any content that, in its sole judgement, violates this Agreement.
3.3. The infringement of any rules contained in section 3.1 will induce the exclusive responsibility of the user.
4. User Responsibility
4.1. The DeathObits.com user represents and warrants that:
- He/she is the owner of the content posted online or that he/she has the owner’s permission to post such content;
- Any information, opinion or content posted complies with the applicable laws, in particular with the individual right to his private life, any intellectual property laws or any other individual rights.
4.2. Users are fully responsible for their interaction with other members on DeathObits.com. In no event will DeathObits.com be liable to a member or any third party for any damages whatsoever, arising out of the exchanges between users or for the illicit content of a profile.
4.3. Users are liable for any damages caused to third parties, whether direct or indirect, as stated by this article.
4.4. DeathObits.com disclaims all liability in potential lawsuit against the author of any illicit comment or behaviour.
5. Intellectual Property (Copyright)
5.1. The content of the website DeathObits.com (including news, texts, photos, images, illustrations, audio extracts, videos and software) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property protection over the world and is owned by or under the control of DeathObits.com.
5.2. All reproduction, whether partial or integral, of DeathObits.com is illegal.
5.3. Users are forbidden to modify, adapt, copy, distribute, post, publish, display, dissect, dismantle, transfer or sell any information, software, products or services obtained through DeathObits.com or to create products inspired from DeathObits.com.
5.4. All partial or integral publication, broadcast, reproduction or transfer of a third party’s work without that party’s prior consent is a violation of this person’s rights and is the sole responsibility of the user.
6. Limitation on Liability
6.1. In no event shall DeathObits.com or its parent societies, subsidiaries and affiliated societies be liable to any user, moral or physical person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages that may have been caused by technical malfunction of any network, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems, website congestion, human or technical error on DeathObits.com.
6.2. Users are solely responsible for the content posted and published on DeathObits.com. DeathObits.com is not responsible for the published information on its site.
6.3. DeathObits.com denies all responsibility towards the accuracy and completeness of any information posted online by its users.
7. Other Policies
7.1. This Agreement is governed, interpreted and supervised by the laws applicable in the Province of Québec and all litigious matters that may arise from it are to be decided by the judiciary of Québec City, Province of Québec, Canada.
7.2. In the case where one of the preceding provisions is declared invalid, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and hold their full effect.
7.3. The different titles held by the provisions are only to be referred to and do not affect the constitution or the way the provisions should be interpreted.
7.4. DeathObits.com’s decision not to pursue the perpetrator of a violation should not be interpreted as a renunciation of its rights to do so in the future.
7.5. The user recognizes having read this Agreement and agrees to all the provisions contained therein.